Wednesday, November 16, 2005

first blog

this feels a bit strange. I had an operation on my hand yesterday so I am typing with little stumps of swollen fingers sticking out of the edge of a bandage hand. I thought I was going to be fine until the local wore off now its feels like someone very large has stamped on my hand in golf shoes. I'll post a picture of my stitches tommorow as the presssure dressing is coming off.

I left our puppy in the house unattended today and it ate the velor skin of my daughters black toy poney, then puked it all up on the hall carpet. I've cleaned it up with my left hand and got false hair flock dog sick on my bandage. Alice was initially distraut but has now created a cling film swim suit for her deformed and mangled car boot sale black beauty and has cheered up. It is this creative approach in the face of advercity which we aim to instill in the next generation.

Anyway I get to work in Rotherham -hope everyone is happy with this I'm really excited and it feels good to be able to say I'm artists in res at Rotherham rather than I'm going to be working at one of these three museums. Anyway I'm out of action for a couple of weeks but would like to use the time for thinking research and getting a bit of definition on possible directions for work and outcomes from the project.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I hope your hand gets better soon Steve and I think you are very brave to do the first post.
Pets are a disaster really.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home