Saturday, November 26, 2005

Bloggs

I had that thing where I did a big long piece of text and then it vanished. I felt really pissed off for half an hour and then really relieved that nobody would be able to read it. We all seem to be getting a bit philosophical. I can imagine a bunch of students laughing their socks off and the site becomeing a benchmark for ponderous goaty beared stroking.

I like the bit about the ommisions in the museums collections telling us something about societies prioities at a moment in time and the filling of these gaps sort of clouding the issue. I think I need to get more into the visual I reckon on a few occasions I can talk the talk when it comes to these kind of philosophical debates but I'm not sure I can walk the walk - especially when playing with the big boys.

Perhaps it is our role to provide something to respond to. To ask these questions in a different way. I remember a couple of years ago when I was doing a lot of Happy Clappy workshops with kids I told my partner that I really wanted to to something which was more cerebral. She said "You want to make work about celery" There is a lesson here but I'm not sure what it is. Oh I remember it takes more energy to chew celery than the calories you get out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger marianne said...

I really like this beautiful misunderstanding which seems to make perfect sense at times. This said, someone, somewhere has already made a higly argued and very complexed concetual work about celery, I'm sure!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home