Monday, March 27, 2006

Madrid

Back from Madrid and the Rene Sofia workshops. Fantastic time but left feeling a bit confused over contemporary practice. Saw Gurnica and Goya's black paintings and the garden of earthly delight and felt tired out by authenticity. Liked reading peters musing on the Doncaster discussions Blog - do you think he would have a fight with paddles with Karl from Rotherham. I think there was a time in my recent past when I would of found this blogg impenetrable I'm not sure if the fact it makes complete sense is a good thing or a bad thing. Reading Boudoir on the plain I think he was saying that ethnographers make explicit practices that people understand implicitly - So museum curators and artists know what they are doing but don't deconstruct it . Anyway here's a picture of Eric Knowels with my paddle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home