Thursday, March 30, 2006

Chuckle Chuckle Brothers

This is the second time I've tried to post today - my last one didn't appear and boy was it good - full of wit and intellectual rigour. I had to do it again as it refered to a Chuckle brother tribute act who are infact Barry and Pauls real life brothers. It sparked me thinking about authenticity and the ideas of copies and fakes and tributes. At the Prada last week a lot of the major canvases were been copied by what appeared to be museum attendants. They all had easils and were repainting the classics. Whats all that about then I thought to myself. Goyas black paintings are stuck in my head for ever. There was a picture of two blokes buried up to their knees in the ground beating the shit out of each other with paddles - it reminded me of the Chuckle Brothers and rival museum attendants from Rotherham and Donny battling over who has the rights to a rare bird skin.

I'm going to try and go to scotland to the birth place of Chalmers I've felt a need to combine the old story with the new one. I think this is a progression of the idea brought about through talking to Karl who's got me interested in the paddles actual story rather than my new one - I like these kinds of surprises.

1 Comments:

Blogger spodsheff said...

Infact it did appear but the next day - I wonder where it went. Anyway after reading it it wasn't all that intellectual at all. When I was in Whitby once we saw a shadwadywady tribute band called Showwadywady-it bosted an original member of shad - wow.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home