Tuesday, December 06, 2005

collaberation

Just a question about the nature of collaberation. I quite like this blog as we feel very in control and can share as much as we like. I've shared a bit of my thinking with David and Kate which is probably more than I would normally do but it feels healthy. I like the way David exists in the third space and curates the project in that contempory way I've read about but never experienced. I was just sat wondering about the way you two work together - are your ideas seemsless or do you both contribute different things? I'm thinking about my position with museum staff and visitors and wondering whether I can collaberate with them at a meaningful level and still have a clear role.

The thing about the Turner prize is that it has to make people cross -every year people get realy cross about art-I think I like this.

my picture didn't come up - any ideas from the blog experts- do you have to resize them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

OK re pictures I tend to put them onto Flickr and then load them - you click on all sizes and then they offer you the url to grab - some digital images transfer onto the web more easily than others.
Re collaboration I have just been for a collaborative disucssion with the Science museum.
I think collaboration is primarily about communication and whether you can communicate with the person you are working with.
Here is a question - how do you communicate with an object?

7:33 AM  
Blogger spodsheff said...

perhaps the question is "How do you communicate Through an Object?" My question for you Kate is about achademic papers - Sometimes I make art that I don't fully understand and it only makes sense once it gets out - are papers sometimes like this or do always have a clear idea about what your trying to communicate?

3:59 AM  
Blogger marianne said...

Kate: for communicating with an object I'll suggest to approach it like you would a teenager: make it clear that you are there if it wants to talk and then hang back until it starts speaking to you (damn! I had a drink and turned into Oprah).

Still (trying to recuberate some dignity) Steve: I'm on a dodgy old system Apple Mac but the image button (on top of the create new entry box) seems to work for me: click and then browse your harddisk for a picture. I'd love to see it (as well as images of some of your work that didn't make sense).

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home