Monday, December 05, 2005

Proposal

Just spent most of the day trying to write a proposal for the residency. I've done it but it was a struggle. I'm growing fonder and fonder of the idea of stating something as the third giving it great importance. Perhaps Gallilao's finger was the third finger - I remembered Gorberchovs "Third way" I really like the "third Brain" in the film "Spy Kids" as there are 3 museums I'm going to call Rotherham the "Third Residency". I've called my proposal the "Third Draft" I'm going to try and put a picture in - I took it at cannon hall - wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I like the third idea. Third space theory is very current in academic - Elizabeth Moje wrote about it, as did Homi Bhaba and Anita Wilson, who used it to describe the ltieracy rpactices of those in prison, who wrote letters and decorated their walls as an attempt to get oout of prison space but at the same time realising that the outside world is also not quite where they were in.
They were in third space.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I like the third idea. Third space theory is very current in academic - Elizabeth Moje wrote about it, as did Homi Bhaba and Anita Wilson, who used it to describe the literacy practices of those in prison, who wrote letters and decorated their walls as an attempt to get oout of prison space but at the same time realising that the outside world is also not quite where they were in.
They were in third space.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sorry I pressed the button twice and htis is now my third comment.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home